Friday, February 9, 2007

First day

Today has been the first day of the course.
We have been discussing practicallities.
And had a first taste on my way of asking questions instead of providing answers.

I gave a short resume of my career.
Here is a short description of my present duties and activities.

After a life as a scientist with emphasis on various aspects of chemistry, I work now in the University Library. I am responsible for the collection for STM (science, technology and medicine): develop it in collaboration with faculty, make items findable. I partcipate in the development of the digital library, and work on new services in the physical lib. Furthermore, I help students and staff with searching scientific information, individually and in classes.

I like to extend those classes in information skills into more general scientific skills. The course Paper&Presentation is an example of this development.

This blog will be an experiment for me and for the students to see whether blogging can have a function in an educational setting.

2 comments:

TQ's Place said...

Hope you will recieve your goal! TQ

Anonymous said...

Good words.